Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
WUWM's Advisory Board is composed of volunteers who represent the diverse needs and interests of the station's listening base.
The primary functions of WUWM's Advisory Board are:
- To provide advice on strategic goals of the station including programming, community outreach and other activities upon the request of station management.
- To assist WUWM in securing essential financial support from public radio listeners throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
- To be well-informed and able to convey WUWM's mission and strategies, policies, programs, strengths and needs.
The Advisory Board's four annual meetings are open to the public and take place in WUWM's Conference Room. Meetings start promptly at noon and end at 1:30 pm.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Thursday, June 18, 2015
WUWM's Advisory Board Members
Laura Gough - Chairperson, Robert W. Baird
Eileen Dubner - Vice-Chairperson, Community Volunteer
F. Michael Arnow, Sattell, Johnson, Appel Financial Advisory, LLC
Ron Bero, The BERO Group
Denise Callaway, Milwaukee Public Schools
Bruce Campbell, Medical College of Wisconsin
Tom Gauthier, Adonai Employment, Inc.
Richard Harris, Community Volunteer
Margaret Hickey, Becker, Hickey & Poster, S.C.
Bill Koenig, Community Volunteer
Julie Krawczyk, Hatco Corporation
Robert Remme, IBM Corporation
Amy Shapiro, Hawks Quindel, S.C.
Joseph Wilson, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
Members of the Advisory Board are appointed by the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee Dean of College of Letters and Science, upon the recommendation of WUWM's Director. There is no financial compensation for service.