Most Active Stories
- Wisconsin Pipeline Slated to Surpass Keystone XL's Proposed Capacity
- Walker Proposes 13% Funding Cut to UW System, in Exchange for Greater Autonomy
- Bay View: Home To Three of Draft Magazine's '100 Best Beer Bars'
- Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba, On Twin Forks And The Luxury Of Starting Over
- Miles Nielsen On His Diverse Sound, Cheap Trick Pedigree
Bonnie joined WUWM in March 2006 as the Arts Producer of the locally produced weekday magazine program Lake Effect.
Bonnie spent over twenty years working as a director, technician and stage manager in professional, educational, and community theaters. She comes from a family of musicians and artists and grew up playing all kinds of music. But her interest in and love of the arts is not limited to performance. She enjoys other art expressions as well, including painting, sculpture, photography, textiles, and writing.
Bonnie's introduction to Public Broadcasting came at Vermont Public Radio (VPR) in 1992. She spent 7 years there in various positions, including hosting classical and jazz shows and as a production associate and operations manager.
Just prior to joining WUWM, Bonnie worked in the defense industry. She spent two years in the Balkans, first in Sarajevo, Bosnia, where she managed a group of linguists that provided Serbo-Croatian interpreting and translation services for the US and NATO stabilization forces. She then went to Kosovo to manage the overall linguist program for Kosovo, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Romania.
Bonnie holds a bachelors degree in English Literature/Drama Studies from Purchase College-State University of New York.