Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Packers' Old Turf Helps Revitalize South Side Milwaukee Neighborhood
- Milwaukee Group: Public School Gyms in Worse Shape than Bradley Center
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
David Pate has conversations about race, gender and class on Lake Effect. Pate's Real Talk segments will be a discussion at the intersection of equity and race - focusing on such topics as homelessness, poverty, domestic violence, welfare, asset and other issues of social justice.
As a child, Pate received and experienced the social welfare system and now teaches social welfare policy at the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is an associate professor and founder of the Center for Family Policy and Practice.
David Pate is a “City of Brotherly Love” Philadelphia, Pa native. He graduated from the UW-Madison (Doctorate), University of Chicago (Masters), and the University of Detroit (Bachelors).