Most Active Stories
- UWM's Freshwater School Shares Its Fish With Milwaukee County Zoo Animals
- New Wisconsin Law Requires Work for Food Stamps
- Border Crisis: Milwaukee Organization to Help House Immigrant Children, if Needed
- Milwaukee Considers Using Abandoned Basements to Hold Storm Water
- Bradford Beach 'Set' For Stop On Pro Volleyball Tour
David Pate has conversations about race, gender and class on Lake Effect. Pate's Real Talk segments will be a discussion at the intersection of equity and race - focusing on such topics as homelessness, poverty, domestic violence, welfare, asset and other issues of social justice.
As a child, Pate received and experienced the social welfare system and now teaches social welfare policy at the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. He is an associate professor and founder of the Center for Family Policy and Practice.
David Pate is a “City of Brotherly Love” Philadelphia, Pa native. He graduated from the UW-Madison (Doctorate), University of Chicago (Masters), and the University of Detroit (Bachelors).