Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Reverse Job Fair: Selling Young Professionals On Opportunities Available in Milwaukee
- Are You Obese Because Grandma Starved? Milwaukee Researcher Says It's Possible
George Berdes has worked as a journalist, teacher, editor and in international affairs in Washington, D.C. and several foreign countries. He is a 1953 graduate of Marquette University's College of Journalism, where he eventually served on the faculty.
Berdes is the author of three books, including The Girl Without a Name, as well as numerous freelance articles, and several Congressional reports. He is a longtime commentator for WXPR-FM public radio in Rhinelander; his essays now re-air on Lake Effect. He currently lives in the woods on a lake east of Eagle River, and is the proud father of four children and grandfather of three.