Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
George Berdes has worked as a journalist, teacher, editor and in international affairs in Washington, D.C. and several foreign countries. He is a 1953 graduate of Marquette University's College of Journalism, where he eventually served on the faculty.
Berdes is the author of three books, including The Girl Without a Name, as well as numerous freelance articles, and several Congressional reports. He is a longtime commentator for WXPR-FM public radio in Rhinelander; his essays now re-air on Lake Effect. He currently lives in the woods on a lake east of Eagle River, and is the proud father of four children and grandfather of three.