Most Active Stories
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Advocate: WI's High Rate of Incarcerating Black Men an "Undeclared State of Emergency"
- UWM Basketball Win Might Mean More than a Spot in the NCAA Tournament
- These Cute Images Make Reading Chinese Characters 'Chineasy'
George Berdes has worked as a journalist, teacher, editor and in international affairs in Washington, D.C. and several foreign countries. He is a 1953 graduate of Marquette University's College of Journalism, where he eventually served on the faculty.
Berdes is the author of three books, including The Girl Without a Name, as well as numerous freelance articles, and several Congressional reports. He is a longtime commentator for WXPR-FM public radio in Rhinelander; his essays now re-air on Lake Effect. He currently lives in the woods on a lake east of Eagle River, and is the proud father of four children and grandfather of three.