Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Reverse Job Fair: Selling Young Professionals On Opportunities Available in Milwaukee
- Are You Obese Because Grandma Starved? Milwaukee Researcher Says It's Possible
Glen Weldon is a contributor to NPR's pop culture blog Monkey See, where he posts weekly about comics and comics culture. He also reviews books and movies for NPR.org and is a regular panelist on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast.
Over the course of his career, he has spent time as a theater critic, a science writer, an oral historian, a writing teacher, a bookstore clerk, a PR flack, a seriously terrible marine biologist and a slightly better-than-average competitive swimmer.
Weldon is the author of Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, a cultural history of the iconic character. His fiction and criticism have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Republic, The Atlantic, Slate, Story, McSweeney's, The Dallas Morning News, Washington City Paper and many other publications. He is the recipient of an NEA Arts Journalism Fellowship, a Ragdale Writing Fellowship and a PEW Fellowship in the Arts for Fiction.