Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Listening to Mitchell
Listening to Mitchell is a public art installation of image and sound on Milwaukee's Historic Mitchell Street. Created by Milwaukee-based artists Sonja Thomsen and Adam Carr, the collaboration transforms over fifty interviews into an experience of Mitchell Street and its collective memory.
From the Modjeska Theatre to St. Stan’s, the installation can be experienced along the seven block corridor. The artists are inviting you to join them in a multifaceted conversation with Mitchell Street.
Learn more about Listening to Mitchell at: