Most Active Stories
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Set to Hear Arguments in Voter ID Lawsuit
Gardening expert, TV/radio host, author Melinda Myers has more than 30 years of horticulture experience and is a columnist and contributing editor for Birds & Blooms magazine. She has written over 20 gardening books, including Can’t Miss Small Space Gardening, The Garden Book for Wisconsin and Month-by-Month Gardening in Wisconsin. She hosts the nationally syndicated Melinda’s Garden Moment segments, which air on over 130 TV and radio stations throughout the U.S.
Melinda also is the host of the recently released The Great Courses “How to Grow Anything” DVD series (2013). Melinda has a column in Gardening How-to magazine, Wisconsin Gardening magazine and writes the twice monthly Milwaukee Journal Sentinel “Gardeners’ Questions” newspaper column. Melinda hosted “The Plant Doctor” radio program on Newsradio 620 WTMJ for over 20 years as well as seven seasons of Great Lakes Gardener on PBS. She has written articles for Better Homes and Gardens and Fine Gardening and was a columnist and contributing editor for Backyard Living magazine.
Melinda has a master’s degree in horticulture, is a certified arborist and was a horticulture instructor with tenure. She is the 2013 recipient of the national American Horticultural Society’s B.Y. Morrison Communication Award.