Most Active Stories
- Post Ranking: Top 3 Most Challenging High Schools in Wisconsin
- Robotic Exo-Skeleton Allows Paralyzed Madison Vet to Stand Up and Walk
- Wisconsin Worst in Nation for Well-Being of Black Children
- Reverse Job Fair: Selling Young Professionals On Opportunities Available in Milwaukee
- Are You Obese Because Grandma Starved? Milwaukee Researcher Says It's Possible
Thomas Martin Sobottke
Pewaukee resident Thomas Martin Sobottke is an adjunct professor of history at Carroll University. The Chicago native worked in small market radio news before teaching at Mukwonago High School for 26 years. He's a Kohl Foundation award winner and finalist for Wisconsin Teacher-of-the-Year in 2000. An independent Civil War historian, he has contributed for North and South Magazine, and recently wrote his first book, Across That Dark River: The Civil War Memory.