Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Thomas Martin Sobottke
Pewaukee resident Thomas Martin Sobottke is an adjunct professor of history at Carroll University. The Chicago native worked in small market radio news before teaching at Mukwonago High School for 26 years. He's a Kohl Foundation award winner and finalist for Wisconsin Teacher-of-the-Year in 2000. An independent Civil War historian, he has contributed for North and South Magazine, and recently wrote his first book, Across That Dark River: The Civil War Memory.