Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Thomas Martin Sobottke
Pewaukee resident Thomas Martin Sobottke is an adjunct professor of history at Carroll University. The Chicago native worked in small market radio news before teaching at Mukwonago High School for 26 years. He's a Kohl Foundation award winner and finalist for Wisconsin Teacher-of-the-Year in 2000. An independent Civil War historian, he has contributed for North and South Magazine, and recently wrote his first book, Across That Dark River: The Civil War Memory.