Most Active Stories
- Southeastern Wisconsin's Super Rich and Super Poor are Practically Neighbors
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- VIDEO: Sunday's Chain Reaction Pileup on Hwy 41/45
- To Tackle Icy Streets, Milwaukee Experiments with Cheese Brine
- Milwaukeeans Reflect on Nelson Mandela's Achievements and Influence
Thomas Martin Sobottke
Pewaukee resident Thomas Martin Sobottke is an adjunct professor of history at Carroll University. The Chicago native worked in small market radio news before teaching at Mukwonago High School for 26 years. He's a Kohl Foundation award winner and finalist for Wisconsin Teacher-of-the-Year in 2000. An independent Civil War historian, he has contributed for North and South Magazine, and recently wrote his first book, Across That Dark River: The Civil War Memory.