Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Arts & Culture
Mon June 16, 2014
20 Years and Counting: Singer Corky Morgan is a Milwaukee Staple
Do you get nervous about public speaking? Well, if you think that’s nerve-wracking, try singing the national anthem at a Brewers' game. Despite a bad case of nerves, that’s exactly what Corky Morgan did, and did beautifully. More than that, he wants to do it again.
This is no novice performer. In addition to rousing crowds at Brewers' and Admirals' games, Milwaukee native Corky Morgan has been entertaining since he was 13. His range of experience includes theater, dance, chorus, solo and Karaoke productions, as well as producing and directing television.
He has performed for audiences as far as Provincetown, MA and the Mississippi Delta. He is the founder of Corliss Entertainment, here in Milwaukee. He's been involved with the Milwaukee Gay Community for over 20 years, performing at various events in and around Southeastern Wisconsin, and has been performing for Milwaukee’s PrideFest before it was even had that name.
Despite all his talents, Corky Morgan says that the one art that touches him the most is singing, and his soul-stirring voice has in turn touched many over the years in the Milwaukee community. Corky joined Rachel Owens in the WUWM studio to talk about his life as an entertainer, and to sing a few songs.
1. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love For Me)
2. I Can't Stand the Rain
3. Until You Come Back to Me