Most Active Stories
- Southeastern Wisconsin's Super Rich and Super Poor are Practically Neighbors
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- VIDEO: Sunday's Chain Reaction Pileup on Hwy 41/45
- To Tackle Icy Streets, Milwaukee Experiments with Cheese Brine
- Milwaukeeans Reflect on Nelson Mandela's Achievements and Influence
Tue September 17, 2013
3 Attractions to See at Milwaukee County Fair
Did you know that there's a Milwaukee County Fair? There sure is - and it's coming at the end of September.
- Photography contests. Either entering the contest or just viewing the works, everyone can check out the wonderful photographic talents of Milwaukee County residents.
- Junior Fair. This is hosted by kids in the FFA, 4H, and other youth-based organizations that allow children to participate in fair activities.
- Food contests. From growing vegetables to baking cookies, these competitions let fair attendees see what participants have made.
The Milwaukee County Fair, which takes place at the Wisconsin State Fairgrounds, is from September 26th-29th.
Stacy Tornio is the editor of Birds & Blooms Magazine. Ken Keffer is a naturalist and author of a new book, The Kids' Outdoor Adventure Book: 448 Great Things to Do in Nature Before You Grow Up. Tornio and Keffer both run the site Destination Nature.