Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Wed December 18, 2013
82nd Assembly District Stays Republican
Republican Ken Skowronski easily outpointed Democrat John Hermes to win the special election in the 82nd Assembly District.
Ken Skowronski will replace Jeff Stone who left the Assembly seat in October to take a job with the water division of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission. Skowronski received 3,951 votes compared to 2,195 garrnered by John Hermes. Skowronski is an alderman in the city of Frnaklin. Hermes is the village presidentof Greendale.