Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Mon July 30, 2007
Every year people who live to build and fly airplanes descend - literally - on Oshkosh Wisconsin for the Experimental Aircraft Association's annual Airventure. What started more than 50 years ago as a gathering of a small groups of devotees has become the biggest such gathering in the world.
WUWM's Susan Bence drove up for an introduction to the spectacle and starts first in the War Birds area, where Stan Marcus from Oconomowoc and some comrades are just back from an early morning flight.