Most Active Stories
- Police In Wisconsin Have Received Surplus Military Hardware
- Global Parenting Habits That Haven't Caught On In The U.S.
- Clarke Wins in a Squeaker for Milwaukee County Sheriff
- Forgotten History: Stenographer Witnesses Lincoln's Death, Impact Changed His Life Forever
- Growing List of Housings Options For Milwaukee Area Seniors
Politics & Government
Tue July 23, 2013
Chief Wants Wauwatosa Police Detective Fired For Stealing Drugs
Wauwatosa police detective Robin Schumacher faces a pair of felonies in connection with drug thefts from the department's evidence room.
Wauwatosa Police Chief Barry Weber says he'll ask that Schumacher be fired for stealing drugs. Schumacher is scheduled to appear in Milwaukee County Court later today. She is charged with drug possession, theft and misconduct in public office. According to court documents, Schumacher was caught on surveillance cameras stealing a variety of drugs from a locked evidence room at police headquarters. A criminal complaint by the Milwaukee County District Attorney's office says Schumacher admitted entering the evidence room to look for drugs on several occasions, and removing Vicoden from the room on at least two occasions.