Most Active Stories
- Why The U.S. Chills Its Eggs And Most Of The World Doesn't
- Radiolab Podcast Features Rabies Survivor & Her Milwaukee Doctor
- Urban Ecology Center Study: The Value of Connecting Kids to the Natural World
- UWM's School of Freshwater Sciences Celebrates Its Expansion
- Efforts Underway in Wisconsin to Help Black Children Beat the Odds Against Them
Politics & Government
Mon January 27, 2014
Cold Weather Closings: UWM and Milwaukee County
UWM is cancelling classes from 4 P.M. Monday until 4 P.M. Tuesday, while Milwaukee County will close all offices and buildings on Tuesday.
Bitterly cold temperatures and wind chills are headed toward southeastern Wisconsin.
Among the Milwaukee County buildings that will be closed Tuesday: the Courthouse and Children's Court. Anyone with a court matter scheduled for Jan. 28, should report at the same time on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
Only essential county employees should report to their jobs.
At UWM, campus facilities will remain open and other university operations will continue as scheduled.