Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Tue July 9, 2013
County Meetings Planned Despite Courthouse Closure
The Milwaukee County Board and committees will meet at substitute locations unless the Courthouse reopens.
Clean up efforts continue at the Milwaukee County Courthouse following a weekend electrical fire. It's uncertain when the building will reopen. If it remains closed on Wednesday, the Milwaukee County Board will meet at 1 p.m. in room M210 at the downtown campus of MATC. Other changes include:
- Transportation, Public Works and Transit Committee meeting will be held at 9 a.m. July 10 at the Sijan-Lovell Room of Mitchell International Airport. Visitors should enter through the Mitchell Gallery of Flight located in the main concourse.
- Judiciary, Safety and General Services Committee will meet at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 11 in room M210 at the downtown MATC building.
Meanwhile, the Department of Health and Human Services has dispatched some staff to temporary office space at the Behavioral Health Division on Watertown Plank Rd.