Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Thu February 27, 2014
Creative Process Behind UWM's Student Start Up Challenge
On a previous edition of UWM Today, host Tom Luljak discussed UWM's Student Start Up Challenge, a program that helps students take their ideas and turn them into businesses. It is a way to give UWM students a real world experience of transforming a concept into a company.
On today's program, Tom Luljak continues the conversation. This time with a focus on the creative process itself. Nathaniel Stern, associate professor of Art & Design in the Peck School of the Arts, is a co-founder of the Student Start Up Challenge. The challenge bridges the world of art and design with other academic disciplines like engineering and science.