Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- Young Black Men in Milwaukee Ditch Sneakers and Jeans for Tuxedos
- Milwaukee's Best New Restaurants
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
Thu June 26, 2014
Creative Process Behind UWM's Student Start Up Challenge
On a previous edition of UWM Today, host Tom Luljak discussed UWM's Student Start Up Challenge, a program that helps students take their ideas and turn them into businesses. It is a way to give UWM students a real world experience of transforming a concept into a company.
On today's program, Tom Luljak continues the conversation. This time with a focus on the creative process itself. Nathaniel Stern, associate professor of Art & Design in the Peck School of the Arts, is a co-founder of the Student Start Up Challenge. The challenge bridges the world of art and design with other academic disciplines like engineering and science.
This interview originally aired on February 27, 2014.