Most Active Stories
- Police In Wisconsin Have Received Surplus Military Hardware
- Global Parenting Habits That Haven't Caught On In The U.S.
- Clarke Wins in a Squeaker for Milwaukee County Sheriff
- Possible Rate Hikes Cast Cloud on Future of Milwaukee's Solar Program
- Forgotten History: Stenographer Witnesses Lincoln's Death, Impact Changed His Life Forever
Tue November 12, 2013
Detroit Billionaire Goes On Real Estate Buying Binge
Originally published on Tue November 12, 2013 7:47 am
Despite the bankruptcy, parts of downtown Detroit are going gangbusters, and that's in large part because of one guy. Online mortgage mogul Dan Gilbert has bought up 40 buildings and counting. He's filling those buildings — some of which used to be vacant — with new businesses. But some residents are wary of his expanding reach in the city.