Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Tue May 29, 2012
Diners Talk Recall Politics
There does not appear to be much indecision among Wisconsin voters, about whether they think Scott Walker should remain governor. The latest Marquette Law School Poll estimates that 97 percent of potential voters know whether they will pick the incumbent or Tom Barrett in next week’s recall election.
WUWM reporters visited several diners about town where customers discuss issues of the day, and we found many establishments filled with like-minded voters.
First, we present the opinions of diners Jerry Smith, Kellian Ward-Tyler and David Reynolds at Mr. Perkins' Restaurant near 18th and Atkinson on Milwaukee’s north side, followed by customers Cherry Wulf, Joanne Long, Joyce Werdermann and Robert Mueller at Gyros West on Highway 18 in Waukesha.