Most Active Stories
- New Wisconsin Law Requires Work for Food Stamps
- UWM's Freshwater School Shares Its Fish With Milwaukee County Zoo Animals
- Border Crisis: Milwaukee Organization to Help House Immigrant Children, if Needed
- Milwaukee Considers Using Abandoned Basements to Hold Storm Water
- Bradford Beach 'Set' For Stop On Pro Volleyball Tour
Mon August 12, 2013
Educator Faces 23 Felony Counts for Alleged Child Sexual Assault
Prosecutors have charged Ronn Johnson, in cases involving five children.
According to the criminal complaint, Johnson is the current vice president of charter education for Universal Academy, and the former principal of Young Leaders Academy.
The complaint says Johnson is accused of repeatedly assaulting five children, for whom he served as a father figure or mentor.
Many of the assaults allegedly took place at Johnson’s home in Brown Deer, where he had a pool table and gaming systems, and where children often spent the night.
The charges Johnson faces include second degree sexual assault, sexual assault of a child under 13 years of age, repeated sexual assault of a child, and child enticement.
The oldest incident outlined in the criminal complaint allegedly took place in 1991. The complaint says the most recent event occurred last month.