Most Active Stories
- Atheist Group Introduces Billboard Designed to Provoke Christmas Believers
- New Documentary Warns Humans Could Be Responsible for Mass Extinction
- Video of Otter (or Mink) Playing in Menomonee River Near Milwaukee Shows Health of River Returning
- Your Adult Siblings May Be The Secret To A Long, Happy Life
- Milwaukee's East Side Home To Extremely Green Apartments
Wed July 2, 2014
Ex Fabula: Milwaukee Summer Stories
Ex Fabula is all about Milwaukee stories – and Milwaukeeans are champions at enjoying summer to the fullest, as evidenced by these two summer-themed stories.
Both of these stories come from people who attended an Ex Fabula event and decided to throw their names in the hat for a chance to share a true, personal story on stage.
“It was my second-ever camping trip with my first-ever boyfriend,” began Lauren Poppen. How did the trip go? Well, she told the story in March 2011 at Stonefly Brewery when the evening’s theme was "Emergency," and the characters included some very enthusiastic and thorough firemen.
Tim Higgin’s story, told in March 2014 at the Hot Water Wherehouse, involves another great Milwaukee institution: Summerfest. Back in 1999, ComedySportz did two shows a day at the comedy tent. Tim shares the events of a particular evening when he was inspired by both free beer and Pat McCurdy’s lyrics “I’m nude, you’re nude, we’re gonna have a nude party.”
Ex Fabula’s sixth season will kick off in September 2014.