Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Wed August 1, 2012
Feminine Hygiene Goes Green
We’ve been revisiting a series on entrepreneurship this week on Lake Effect. WUWM Environmental Reporter Susan Bence wasn’t setting out to do a story on entrepreneurship when she left for the north woods in April – she was planning to do a story on the debate over a proposed iron ore mine. But while she was in Ashland, she found herself introduced to the creator of a company that fills a unique niche in – of all things - the feminine hygiene realm.
Susan introduced us to Luci Daum, who with her sister Lydia, owns and operates Luci Daum Design in Ashland, Wisconsin. The company “fabricates” a number of intriguing products – one called “honeysuckle”. You’ll have to discover ITS function on your own...