Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Thu January 30, 2014
'First Porsche' Found In Warehouse After 112 Years
Originally published on Thu January 30, 2014 6:24 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. It once was lost and now, is found - the world's first Porsche. The car company says Ferdinand Porsche's horse and carriage business was going badly in the 1890s, so he switched to motorized vehicles.
His first car drove through Vienna, but was later left in a warehouse. Now, it's rediscovered after 112 years, with a top speed of 22. Too bad it wasn't a 22-year-old Porsche that goes 112.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.