Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Fri July 20, 2007
Fleeing to the Market
Bargaining over one person's treasures and another's trash has become an American past time, but the idea dates back to 19th century France.
Just one hour southwest of Milwaukee one of the area's popular flea markets takes place four times a year in Elkhorn. Dating back to 1982, more than 500 vendors fill every inch of the grounds and squeeze into exhibit barns.
Our audio postcard from the Elkhorn Antique Flea Market was sent to us by Lake Effect's Susan Bence. She begins in the small animal barn.