Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
Fri June 14, 2013
Full Freeway Closure Tonight Near Rawson Ave.
Motorists will be forced off the experssway tonight in both directions near Rawson Ave. due to a complex construction undertaking.
Crews will use a special transporter to move new bridge decks into place at Rawson Ave. tonight. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says use of the transporters to move the massive components from the side of the highway into position over the freeway, greatly reduces the time needed to replace the bridge. DOT spokesman Michael Pyritz says use of the special equipment means the transition from bridge demolition to a re-opened span takes four weeks rather than up to six months using conventional construction methods. Starting around 10 o'clock tonight, southbound and northbound I 94 traffic will bere-routed around the work site. Detours will be posted.