Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Mon June 17, 2013
Gas Prices Drop Nearly 20 Cents in a Week
GasBuddy.com is out with its weekly survey of prices at Milwaukee gas stations.
The price-tracking website says prices dropped 19.7 cents per gallon in the past week, with the average cost of a gallon on Sunday of $3.85.
The price-tracking website surveys 615 gas outlets in the city each day, and puts out weekly figures in a news release. Monday’s release says that prices on Sunday were 8.2 cents per gallon lower than one month ago, and 28.5 cents higher than one year ago.
GasBuddy.com says the national average price for a gallon of gas dropped 5 cents in the last month, and is 8 cents per gallon higher than one year ago.
Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan says “the national average has continued its downward decline…likely being helped by relief in the Great Lakes, a region that had been plagued with refining issues that have seemingly been resolved.”