Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Fri October 18, 2013
Glimpse into Gov. Walker's Book
The Associated Press has gotten a copy of the governor's book, "Unintimidated: A Governor's Story and a Nation's Challenge," set for release on Nov. 19.
According to AP reporters who have perused the book, Gov. Walker offers his perspective on his battle against public unions, shortly after taking office in 2011. He surprised them by introducing Act 10 which strips away all but their right to bargain for limited wage increases, insisting the changes were necessary to control government spending.
The Republican governor also reportedly criticizes the 2012 campaign strategy of former GOP Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney, saying he (Walker) offered advice but Romney never responded.
Walker is thought to be interested in running for president in 2016. In recent times, a growing number of candidates have written books ahead of time.
Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan is also reportedly authoring a book and is interested in jumping into the 2016 presidential race.