Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Fri June 14, 2013
Governor Won't Comment On Rescinding Regent's Appointment
Just days after naming UW-Platteville student Josh Inglett to the Board of Regents, the Walker administration has rescinded the appointment.
Gov. Scott Walker says he won't comment on why Inglett's appointment was withdrawn. Inglett was named a student representative to the board on Monday. Wednesday, a Walker administration staffer informed Inglett he would not get the appointment. That was hours after it was learned Inglett had signed a petition to recall Walker. In an interview with the Associated Press, Inglett said if the Walker administration was concerned about him signing the recall petition, it should have asked him about it during the four month vetting process.