Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Health & Science
Fri July 19, 2013
Heat May Have Claimed Three Lives in Milwaukee
The Milwaukee Health Department suspects three residents may have died from heat-related causes. The city and state were submerged in hot, humid conditions much of the week.
Investigations are underway in all three deaths to confirm the causes.
The health department continues urging people to check on those who may be trapped in a hot home, and to be aware of symptoms of heat-related illness: dizziness, fainting, headache or nausea.