Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Thu November 18, 2010
Helping Connect the State's Food with Hungry Residents
As part of our special broadcast to conclude Project Milwaukee, WUWM’s Bob Bach interviewed Paulette Flynn, Executive Director of SHARE Wisconsin. SHARE is a food-buying club, which offers families discounts on food purchases in exchange for volunteer work. The local branch serves more than 21,000 people each month at nearly 200 locations in Wisconsin, northern Illinois, northeastern Minnesota, and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
WUWM's Project Milwaukee: What's On Our Plate? live, remote broadcast took place November 19, 2010 from 6 to 11 a.m. on the ground level of the Chase Tower.