Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Arts & Culture
Fri October 18, 2013
Iconic Milwaukee Sports Stadium Closing
Milwaukee's South Stadium near 9th and Lincoln will close at the conclusion of two games that will be played there this afternoon and tonight.
MPS will build a new facility to replace South Stadium that opened in 1923. Throughout the decades the red brick structure located at 971 West Windlake has hosted football, soccer and track competitions for public and private schools throughout the area. Today's final events will feature a football match up between Bay View and South Division at 4:30 p.m. followed by Vincent vs. Bradley Tech. Ceremonies honoring the stadium's history will be held at halftime of each of the games.