Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Health & Science
Tue December 6, 2011
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
We learn how one woman's cells changed the course of medicine. Rebecca Skloot is the author of The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, published by Crown. She'll be the keynote speaker tomorrow at "An Evening to Promote Racial Justice," presented by the YWCA of Greater Milwaukee. Rebecca Skloot lives in Chicago, and spoke with Lake Effect's Mitch Teich.
In the supplemental audio section, below, they talk about the Henrietta Lacks Foundation, which Skloot founded.