Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- Demonstrators and Police Stand Resolved about Dontre Hamilton Protests
Thu December 15, 2011
It's a Wonderful Wisconsin?
Over the past week, our Project Milwaukee: State of Upheaval series has explored what the impact of the past year’s contentious political happenings has had on Wisconsin. We’ve identified winners and losers of the political fight and explored what lies ahead for the Badger State.
But we have to wonder, did it all matter? So what, that the debates on collective bargaining, the role of unions, and the size of government made Wisconsin a national lightning rod? Would these conversations have happened eventually? What would Wisconsin look like if none of this had happened?
With much respect to Mr. Frank Capra, we posed this It’s a Wonderful Life-esque question to analysts and political players over the past week. Lake Effect’s Stephanie Lecci channels the angel Clarence to take us through this alternate Wisconsin.