Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Fri May 4, 2012
The Lake Sturgeon's New Lease on Life
Sturgeon, the prehistoric-looking fish that indeed, dates back thousands of years, were on the verge of disappearing from Wisconsin's waterways, due to overfishing and environmental factors. But the efforts of many, including fish biologists and conservationists, have led to a sturgeon comeback.
WUWM Environmental Reporter Susan Bence takes us to the Wolf River, and the site of some sturgeon pro-creation, where we meet some of the people especially engaged in restoring the state's sturgeon.