Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Wed September 18, 2013
Legislature Gives Landlords More Power
Landlords will have more power over tenants if a bill passed by the Senate Tuesday gets signed by the Governor.
The Wisconsin Senate has passed a bill that cleared the state Assembly in June. The new law would allow landlords to immediately tow illegally parked vehicles. Renters could be tossed out if a crime occurs on the property that a tenant was in a position to prevent. The bill received unanimous support from Republicans. The measure was opposed by Democrats and the Wisconsi
n Coalition Against Domestic Violence.