All this week, as part of our Project Milwaukee: State of Upheaval series, we’ve been trying to digest the events of the past year – from the budget repair bill to controversial legislation, to the ongoing recall efforts. Today, live from Cudahy's Irish Pub at the Pabst Theater, we speak with a panel of guests – including lawmakers and people affected by this turbulent 2011 in politics. We ask what the past year has meant and what their vision of the Wisconsin of the future might be.
The guests include:
- Milwaukee Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs represents Milwaukee’s 6th Aldermanic District, on the city’s north side.
- Hedy Eischeid has been an educator in the Fond du Lac School District for 20 years.
- Mary Isbister is president of GenMet, a 70-employee metal fabricating company located in Mequon.
- Milwaukee County Supervisor Joe Sanfelippo is a member of the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, representing the 17th District, which includes Greendale, Greenfield and West Allis.
- Stephanie Sue Stein is director of the Milwaukee County Department on Aging, a position she has held since 1993.
- Republican State Representative Robin Vos represents the 63rd Assembly District in Racine County.
- Democratic State Representative JoCasta Zamarripa represents the 8th Assembly District in Milwaukee.