Most Active Stories
- Black Male Incarceration Devastates Milwaukee Neighborhoods
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Set to Hear Arguments in Voter ID Lawsuit
Thu June 3, 2010
Live Project Milwaukee: Examining "Teacher Bashing"
The education journal Rethinking Schools recently published an editorial defending public school teachers. We talk with Bob Peterson about why teachers aren't to blame for the district's problems, for our Project Milwaukee series on MPS. Peterson teaches 5th grade at La Escuela Fratney – or Fratney School - a Milwaukee Public School. He is a founding editor of the quarterly journal Rethinking Schools, and is a frequent writer and speaker. He co-edited Rethinking Columbus: The Next 500 Years and Transforming Teacher Unions: Fighting for Better Schools and Social Justice.