Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Tue June 4, 2013
Majority of Proposed State Tax Cuts Would Help Those Earning More Than $100k
A new report, released by the Legislative Fiscal Bureau, shows the majority of a proposed state income tax cut would help anyone earning $100,000 plus.
The non-partisan analysis of the Republican backed tax cut shows that once it is fully implemented in 2015, about 60 percent of the cut would help anyone earning more than $100,000. Those earning $200,000 plus would get 27 percent of the proposed cut. The plan would combine tax brackets and cut tax rates over the next two years.