Most Active Stories
- Milwaukee Man Starts Mentoring Program for Black Youth in 53206
- Groups Launch Ideas Contest to Address Segregation in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Race Features Hard-Fought Primary
- Aldermen Demand More Attention to Milwaukee's Vacant Lot Problem
- UWM's Freshwater School Shares Its Fish With Milwaukee County Zoo Animals
Thu April 25, 2013
Meet Two Peck School Graduates
Over the past year UWM has been celebrating the Year of the Arts as the Peck School of the Arts observes its 50th anniversary. The only school of the arts in the University of Wisconsin, the Peck School has produced an amazing group of graduates who have gone on to enrich the world with their work. On this edition of UWM Today, we meet two UWM Peck school graduates who are truly at the top of their game.
Henry Godinez is a 1984 grad of the Professional Theater Training Program. Today, you can find him at Chicago's Goodman Theater , where he is resident artistic associate. Henry is also on the faculty at Northwestern University in Chicago.
Kevin Stalheim is another treasure of the Peck School. He graduated in 1981 with a masters in music conducting. Today, Kevin is the artistic director of Milwaukee's Present Music, a group he founded and that today has an international reputation for commissioning new music.
Henry and Kevin have both been selected as this year's UWM Foundation Alumni Fellows, an honor that goes to a select group of the more than 140,000 UWM graduates.
This month both are back on campus, meeting with students and sharing their stories of making a difference in the artistic world.