Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Mon July 8, 2013
Milwaukee County Courthouse, Safety Building Closed Until Wednesday
Clean up continues following a fire Saturday at the Milwaukee County Courthouse. Smoke damage has forced that facility, and the adjacent Safety Building to remain closed today and tomorrow. The fire and its aftermath is causing some staffing changes, including:
- All court cases for Monday and Tuesday are postponed. Anyone scheduled to appear for a court proceeding today or tomorrow should appear on the same day next week.
- Employees who work in the Courthouse should not report to work unless told to do so by their supervisor. Employees will be paid for the missed work time. Employees can check for updates by call 414-278-3900 or visiting the website: county.milwakee.gov.
- There will be no public access to the buildings today and tomorrow.
- The Milwaukee Criminal Justice facility remains open.
- The Milwaukee County District Attorney's office is open for normal charging operations.