Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Politics & Government
Fri September 20, 2013
Milwaukee County Leaders Disagree Over Extent of Help Needed to Enroll People in Health Exchange
Milwaukee County Board Chair Marina Dimitrijevic wants the county to spend $1.1 million, helping people enroll in the new federal health care exchange.
Starting in October, people can sign up for coverage. Dimitrijevic says thousands of Milwaukee residents need it.
Several county leaders say her plan is unnecessary because other outreach is in the works, but she perceives a shortage of help.
The board will consider her plan, the week of Sept. 23.