Milwaukee County Reroutes Some Services
Local officials have scrambled to offer necessary services to Milwaukee County residents - at temporary locations.
Clean up continues at the Milwaukee County courthouse following a weekend fire, but the building remains closed.
Temporary service changes include:
- Child support services is operating from a satellite office (9:00-3:30) at the Marcia Coggs Building at 1220 West Vliet
- Criminal cases have been shifted to the Safety Building
- Intake Court/Preliminary Hearing Court are in session at the Criminal Justice Facility
- Information regarding courtroom assignments, criminal and civil cases, restraining orders and injunctions are available in the Safety Building, Room 117
- Wedding licenses are available from the County Clerk's temporary office in the City Campus Building at 2711 West Wells
- Electronic filing remains available through the website - wicourts.gov
- Family Care has moved its operations off-site and continues serving older adults and people with disabilities
- Register of Deeds continues recording most real estate documents submitted
- Register of Deeds is now able to sell copies of vital records, but residents of Milwaukee and West Allis can obtain birth and death records from their local health departments. All other county residents can obtain birth, death and marriage records via the state vital records office in Madison.