Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Advocate: WI's High Rate of Incarcerating Black Men an "Undeclared State of Emergency"
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
Tue June 18, 2013
"Milwaukee Succeeds" Sets Achievement Goals
Milwaukee Succeeds has just released a report listing goals it hopes to achieve by 2020.
A broad-based organization, whose mission is to improve achievement for all Milwaukee students, has announced specific goals.
On Monday, “Milwaukee Succeeds” said one of its goals is to increase third grade reading proficiency, from 15 to 38 percent. Another is to bring students’ ACT scores in line with state averages.
The organization says those benchmarks and others could be reached within about six years.
The Milwaukee Succeeds initiative combines efforts of educators, business leaders and non-profits, to support young people – quote – from “cradle to career.”