Most Active Stories
- Wisconsin Pipeline Slated to Surpass Keystone XL's Proposed Capacity
- Walker Proposes 13% Funding Cut to UW System, in Exchange for Greater Autonomy
- Bay View: Home To Three of Draft Magazine's '100 Best Beer Bars'
- Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba, On Twin Forks And The Luxury Of Starting Over
- Stephen Wade Brings The Banjo's History To Life In One Man Show in Milwaukee
Thu July 12, 2012
The Office of Undergraduate Research
The Office of Undergraduate Research gets UWM students involved in rigorous research in as many fields as the university has degree programs. Students work in state of the art UWM laboratories, present at national research conferences, participate in archaeological field visits and site digs, or might even engage in research work in community sites around Milwaukee. The Office of Undergraduate Research pairs interested students with top UWM faculty who mentor students and supervise their research. Office of Undergraduate Research Director Nigel Rothfels and student Cynthia Aguas-Fernandez talk with UWM Today host, Tom Luljak, about the advantages of encouraging university students to develop research skills early in their college careers.