Most Active Stories
- Demonstrators Block Freeway Lanes on I-43 in Milwaukee, 74 People Arrested
- DA Will Not Charge Former Milwaukee Police Officer in Fatal Shooting of Dontre Hamilton
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Stand in Solidarity, Wear 'I Can't Breathe' Shirts
- Essay: Sunday is NOT the Shortest Day of the Year
- 2014 'Games to Gift' List
Economy & Business
Tue June 11, 2013
One in Four Firms May Add Staff in Next Quarter
The third quarter could be a good one for area job seekers.
The latest job forecast from Milwaukee's Manpower Incorporated says 26 percent of the companies responding to its survey plan to add staff between July and September. The projected increase in hiring is three points better than the previous quarter but five points lower than the same quarter one year ago. Other findings include:
- Seven of ten firms expect to maintain current workforce levels
- Job prospects look best in construction, manufacturing, wholesale and retail trade, financial activities, leisure and hospitality, and government.
- Staffing levels may shrink in transportation and utilities.