Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Politics & Government
Mon July 15, 2013
Part of Courthouse Open Again
The Milwaukee County Courthouse reopened today after a partial clean up.
Part of the fourth, and all of the fifth, sixth and seventh floors are open again at the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The building is getting a top to bottom cleaning after an electrical fire about ten days ago sent soot up elevator shafts and into offices and meeting spaces.
Don Tyler, Director of Administrative Services, says it is not known when all of the building will reopen. Tyler says several functions, including the work of the County Executive and his staff, and the Board of Supervisors, is being conducted out of temporary space at the county's City Center on 27th and Wells or the Marcia P. Coggs Human Services Center at 12th and Vliet.