Most Active Stories
- Southeastern Wisconsin's Super Rich and Super Poor are Practically Neighbors
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- VIDEO: Sunday's Chain Reaction Pileup on Hwy 41/45
- To Tackle Icy Streets, Milwaukee Experiments with Cheese Brine
- Milwaukeeans Reflect on Nelson Mandela's Achievements and Influence
Politics & Government
Mon July 15, 2013
Part of Courthouse Open Again
The Milwaukee County Courthouse reopened today after a partial clean up.
Part of the fourth, and all of the fifth, sixth and seventh floors are open again at the Milwaukee County Courthouse. The building is getting a top to bottom cleaning after an electrical fire about ten days ago sent soot up elevator shafts and into offices and meeting spaces.
Don Tyler, Director of Administrative Services, says it is not known when all of the building will reopen. Tyler says several functions, including the work of the County Executive and his staff, and the Board of Supervisors, is being conducted out of temporary space at the county's City Center on 27th and Wells or the Marcia P. Coggs Human Services Center at 12th and Vliet.