Most Active Stories
- Wisconsin Pipeline Slated to Surpass Keystone XL's Proposed Capacity
- Walker Proposes 13% Funding Cut to UW System, in Exchange for Greater Autonomy
- Bay View: Home To Three of Draft Magazine's '100 Best Beer Bars'
- Dashboard Confessional's Chris Carrabba, On Twin Forks And The Luxury Of Starting Over
- Miles Nielsen On His Diverse Sound, Cheap Trick Pedigree
Thu May 27, 2010
Project Milwaukee Series Preview
Graduation is just around the corner for many high school students. But in the Milwaukee Public Schools system, a startling number of children drop out before they reach twelfth grade. Many who stay in school perform below national standards. On Friday, WUWM's news reporters and Lake Effect producers will begin a series, which explores challenges in the urban education system. Ann-Elise Henzl is executive producer of Project Milwaukee: Barriers to Achievement in MPS. She joined Bob Bach in the studio for an overview of the series.