Most Active Stories
- VIDEO: 88,000 Visitors Make Slippery Trek to Apostle Islands' Extraordinary Ice Caves
- Mentored by The Beatles, Badfinger's Joey Molland Plays On
- 3 Places to Taste the Ramen Renaissance in Milwaukee
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Thick Ice on Wisconsin Rivers Could Lead to Ice Jams This Spring
Arts & Culture
Fri November 9, 2012
Radiolab Unplugged: A Conversation with Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich
Fans of public radio are well acquainted with the show Radiolab. It’s too simple to call it a show about ideas, but that’s a good start. Heard around the country on more than 300 radio station, the show has tackled such topics as falling, music, color and whether exploding atomic bombs affect beer quality.
None of these, aside from music, would an appropriate or even doable subject for radio. But for hosts Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich, there truly are no boundaries. Jad and Robert brought the stage version of their show, Radiolab Live: In the Dark to Milwaukee in September. But first they joined Lake Effect's Bonnie North from their studios in New York City about how they put such a unique show together.