Most Active Stories
- Public Union Dust Still Settling in Wisconsin, Three Years After Act 10
- How Shakespeare Helps These Wisconsin Veterans Suffering From PTSD
- Advocate: WI's High Rate of Incarcerating Black Men an "Undeclared State of Emergency"
- UWM Basketball Win Might Mean More than a Spot in the NCAA Tournament
- These Cute Images Make Reading Chinese Characters 'Chineasy'
Fri August 16, 2013
Report: A-Rod's Inner Circle Leaked Braun's Name
According to "60 Minutes", people close to baseball player Alex Rodriguez revealed that the Brewers' Ryan Braun was involved with performance-enhancing drugs.
The television report claims Rodriguez's inner circle leaked Braun's name in February, after a Miami newspaper published documents linking the Yankees' star to Biogenesis. The Miami clinic is suspected of providing illegal substances to several Major League Baseball players.
"60 Minutes" says the published documents had redacted Braun's name, but Rodriguez associates got ahold of an un-redacted copy and spilled the names it contained to Yahoo! Sports.
Rodriguez's attorney denies the allegations.
MLB Commissioner Bud Selig has suspended nearly a dozen players connected with Biogenesis and illegal PEDs including Braun (for 65 games) and Rodriguez (for 211 games).
Braun accepted his suspension and is sitting out the rest of the 2013 season. Rodriguez is contesting his penalty and can play until an arbitrator settles his appeal.