Most Active Stories
- Milwaukee Man Starts Mentoring Program for Black Youth in 53206
- Groups Launch Ideas Contest to Address Segregation in Milwaukee
- Milwaukee County Sheriff's Race Features Hard-Fought Primary
- Common Core Repeal Could Create 'Chaos' in Wisconsin
- Aldermen Demand More Attention to Milwaukee's Vacant Lot Problem
Arts & Culture
Tue July 1, 2014
Rusted Root: 25 Years is Just the Beginning
Rusted Root frontman Michael Glabicki says of their current album project, "It's not necessarily going to represent the last 25 years, but it's going to be the start of the next 25 years. " With eight studio albums and over three million records sold worldwide, Rusted Root has plenty of history to celebrate, but prefers to look towards the future.
Since forming in 1990, the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania band has created its own unique sound, fusing acoustic, rock, and world music with strong polyrhythms. They hit it big in 1994 with their platinum-selling album When I Woke which featured hits like Send Me On My Way and Ecstasy. The quintessential live band, they've hardly stopped touring and performing ever since.
This week they come to Summerfest, playing July 1st, at 9:30pm, at the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage. Rachel Owens spoke with band frontman and singer-songwriter Michael Glabicki from the Rusted Root tour bus as they made their way to Milwaukee.
Rusted Root's members are:
- Michael Glabicki – lead vocals, guitar, harmonica, mandolin
- Patrick Norman – bass guitar, backing vocals, percussion
- Liz Berlin – percussion, backing vocals
- Preach Freedom – percussion, backing vocals
- Dirk Miller – guitar, backing vocals