Most Active Stories
- Southeastern Wisconsin's Super Rich and Super Poor are Practically Neighbors
- New Ranking: Milwaukee Still Country's Most Segregated Metro Area
- VIDEO: Sunday's Chain Reaction Pileup on Hwy 41/45
- To Tackle Icy Streets, Milwaukee Experiments with Cheese Brine
- Milwaukeeans Reflect on Nelson Mandela's Achievements and Influence
Newport Folk Festival
Tue August 27, 2013
Sarah Jarosz, Live In Concert: Newport Folk 2013
Originally published on Wed August 28, 2013 10:18 am
Sarah Jarosz was still in high school when she signed her record deal, and she released her debut album (2009's Song Up In Her Head) shortly thereafter, but the versatile bluegrass star seemed to emerge fully formed. For one thing, the 22-year-old keeps her music sounding warmly pretty — and rooted in accessibly poppy folk — rather than focusing solely on her Grammy-nominated instrumental chops.
Hear Jarosz perform new songs — her third album, Build Me Up From Bones, comes out at the beginning of October — as part of the 2013 Newport Folk Festival, recorded live on Saturday, July 27 in Newport, R.I.
- "Annabelle Lee"
- "Come Around"
- "My Muse"
- "Land's End" (Tim O'Brien cover)
- "1,000 Things"
- "The Book Of Right-On" (Joanna Newsom cover)
- "Simple Twist Of Fate" (Bob Dylan cover)
- "Puddle Jumper" (Bela Fleck cover)
- "Here Nor There"
- "Old Smitty"
- "Fuel The Fire"